Southwest Wanna Get Away fares are the cheapest of the four Southwest fare types — but should you book them? Sure, you’ll save money, but the tradeoffs in not getting all the perks that the more expensive fare classes offer might not necessarily be worth it.
Here’s everything you need to know about Southwest Wanna Get Away fares, and how to decide if booking Southwest’s most affordable fare type is for you.
What is Wanna Get Away Southwest Airlines?
- The Wanna Get Away offers the most affordable Southwest price class. It's not like the airlines with a basic economy that won't permit you to take a small suitcase to the overhead bin, and are unwilling to provide you with credit for your flight on cancellations, Wanna Get Away is surprisingly consumer-friendly.
- You are able to make a cancellation of Wanna Get Away tickets without cost if you cancel your ticket within 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time however, you'll receive an air credit instead of a refund. Flight credits don't expire.
- The Wanna Get Away passengers cannot be eligible for same-day changes or standby benefits for the same day. If you make a change to your travel plans and you don't get the opportunity to sit on a different same-day flight, should it be you are able to get one? Additionally, you won't be eligible to be placed on the waitlist for a next-day standby flight. These benefits are accessible to passengers at any time as well as Business Select tickets.
- There are no charges for changing your flight provided you change your flight within 10 minutes of the departure time of your flight. This is applicable to all Southwest ticket types. If you purchase a brand second ticket with a new fare, then you'll be accountable to pay any price variations with respect to the new price.
- It is possible to bring two bags with you at no cost. All Southwest tickets are eligible for this benefit.
Are Wanna Getaway the most value for money?
- If you're someone who likes bargains and doesn't require any particular perks, the Want to Get Away fares may make sense for your particular travel style. They're usually the most affordable since they get you where you're going for less.
- What is the procedure for Southwest seating as well as boarding work
- If you buy Southwest's Wanna Get Away fare, you will not be given an assignment to a seat. In contrast to others U.S. airlines, Southwest offers a unique boarding process. There is no designated seating and you're not able to select your seat prior to departure. Instead, passengers select their seats once they board the plane.
- Your board group (A B, C,) and your position (1-60) determine the time you get on the plane. Your boarding group and location are determined at the time of check-in therefore the earlier you arrive the better position you will be in. Check-in for your flight as early as at least 24 hours prior to departure time.
Wanna Get Away Plus features
- These are the amenities you'll find with Wanna Get Away Plus that will not be found in the less-priced Wanna Get Away fare class:
- Transferable flight credit You can make a one-time transfer of unusable flight credit to another person for future use. Both of you have to have to be Southwest Rapid Rewards program members for the transfer to take place. You're still dependent on an expiration date that will be 12 months after when the ticket was purchased.
- Same-day confirmed the change and same-day standby: If you have an available seat on a different flight that's on the same date as your first flight, and the flight is between the same cities you can secure a seat on the new flight for no cost, regardless of whether the flight is more costly.
- Higher earning rate Earn 8 points of Rapid Rewards percent spent (versus 6 points for the lowest cost class).
How do I make reservations for Southwest Wanna Get Away fares:
How can you purchase Wanna Get Away tickets?
Since Southwest does not allow travel agents online or online search engines, such as Google Flights to display their prices, you'll have to search for tickets via Southwest's website. Southwest website.
When you've searched for prices, you'll find them for the four types of fare. The pricing can be displayed in points or dollars. You can also utilize the search filters to locate nonstop flights as well as flights that operate at a specific times in the morning. Make use of the low-cost calendar to view the lowest rates available. Choose one of the Wanna Get Away fare options and then complete the check-out procedure to purchase your tickets.
Want to Get Away? Fares capped
Southwest Wanna Get Away fares provide travelers with the chance to save money on travel expenses. Southwest offers no fee for cancellations or changes for passengers, and they can carry two bags at no cost. These perks are offered to everyone Southwest passengers, even passengers who want to Get Away flyers. Make sure you know how ticket cancellations and refunds are handled for this fare kind before booking.